Diver Code of Conduct
Divers agree that they will:
- train by the rules.
- I will wait for coach permission to enter the water
- I will wait until the water is clear before I jump/dive
- I will swim straight back to the edge after a jump/dive – I will not swim under a board/platform as this is a safety risk.
- not argue with an official. If I disagree with a decision, I will inform the coach or team manager after the dive or round of dives.
- control my temper. I understand that verbal abuse of officials, coaches, divers or spectators is not acceptable or tolerated by Diving Ōtākou
- work hard for myself to get the most out of each training session. I will pay attention to instructions and will try not to distract other divers.
- treat all divers as I like to be treated. I understand bullying and bad behavior will not be tolerated by Diving Ōtākou
- respect my coach, team mates and competitors – their rights, dignity and worth regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- display modesty in victory and graciousness in defeat
- participate for my own enjoyment and benefit, not just to please parents and coaches
- thank my competitors and officials at the end of the competition
- comply with World Anti-Doping Agency, FINA and Drug Free Sport New Zealand anti-doping policies.
Divers are aware that if they do not abide by the above code, they will be
- Verbally warned. I will be told what I have done and why this breaches the code above. I will be warned of the consequences of another breach (see 2. Below)
- If the breach occurs again in the same training session or away trip, I will be stood down from training and/or competition for the remainder of the session/ competition). I will be warned of the consequences of another breach (see 3. Below)
- If the breach occurs a third time (i.e. during a subsequent training session) I may be required to stop diving for the remainder of the term.